Got so many things going on in this bowl- oven roasted veggies, turmeric toasted almonds (on a different post), 1/2 avocado w/ @traderjoes everything but the bagel seasoning + baba ganoush in the center!!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of tahini (well mixed)
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin - sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of cilantro or parley
(& I added 1 tsp smoked paprika bc everything spicy is better- totally up to u)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice your eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds and sprinkle with sea salt. After 10 minutes, you will see that the eggplants have 'sweat' with a paper towel pat dry.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast for 5-10 minutes, flipping over once half way thru.
- Once eggplant is golden brown, remove from oven, stack and wrap the eggplant in foil to lock in moisture – wait 5 minutes.
- (Optional) Peel away the skin of the eggplant and add flesh to a food processor- it should be soft and tender and the skin should come off easy. I personally like some skin to stay on!
- In your food processor add lemon juice, garlic, tahini, cumin, sea salt and mix until creamy. Add herbs- cilantro and parsley- last and pulse to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed- I like to add smoked paprika!