Eggplant Pizza Stack
This eggplant stack is soo good you will be craving it any day over pizza!
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp of oregano
1/3 cup of chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup of cheese
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place eggplant rounds on a paper napkin and season with salt, adding salt to eggplants will draw bitter liquid out.
- Allow eggplants to sit for about 10 minutes, one the bitter liquid is out you will remove the liquid with a paper napkin or run under warm water.
- Place eggplant on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping over halfway thru.
- During this time, chop the tomatoes and cook low temperature on a large skillet. Season with garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. (Usually tomatoes let out a lot of liquid, if not you can add 1 tbsp of olive oil or water)
- Mash tomatoes with fork until they break down. Stir in chopped basil.
- Remove eggplants from oven, top each slice with 1 tbsp of tomato sauce, a few shreds of cheese and feel free to sprinkle extra oregano if you like. Repeat layering twice!
- Bake again for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and serve with some chili flakes for spicyness!!
Serving size is for 1 stack! (you can easily make two stacks with one large eggplant!)