Seriously the most tasty and delicious homemade milk or any kind of milk (dairy or non dairy) I have tried to date!!! This milk reminds me of horchata, it is so thick and naturally sweet and goes great with anything. The best part is that it is super simple to make- 5 MINS *plus overnight soaking*
- 1 cups of cashews
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- optional: pinch of salt, 3-4 dates to sweeten or a pack of stevia.
- Place cashews and 2 cups of water in a mixing bowl and allow to soak overnight.
- Once soaked overnight, strain and rinse soaked cashews with water.
- Then blend cashews with 2 cups of water for about 3 minutes.
- Then add in vanilla and cinnamon and blend for another minute. (I prefer unsweetened but if you would like you can add in sweetener as well.)
- If you have a good blender there is no need to strain your milk, as there will be no leftover chunks, if not you may strain your milk then store in the fridge! Will last for 3-5 days! But it is so tasty it lasted 2 days in my house!!!!