Savory-Tahini Whole Roasted Cauliflower
This Whole Roasted Cauliflower makes an amazing center dish or a great side dish to simply grilled chicken, fish or salmon. The tahini and spices make it so flavorful and delicious that it can easily be the main dish at any dinner- and its oil freee!!!
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 5 tbsp lemon juice *about 1/4 a cup
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Trim the outer leaves off the cauliflower and cut the stem flush with the rest of the head so it can sit straight.
- Fill a sauce pan 3/4 with water and bring to a boil, add cauliflower into pan and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients in a glass measuring cup and mix well with a fork until smoothly combined.
- Remove the cauliflower from the sauce pan and place on a paper napkin to drain the excess water and pat dry the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower upside down in a lined cooking pan then add mixture into the cracks and edges of the cauliflower to get the seasonings inside- and have a flavorful whole cauliflower, not dry on the inside.
- Then flip the cauliflower over and rub the remaining mixture over the cauliflower with your fingertips- to get in the cracks and edges- until it's completely coated.
- Set the oven to broil and place the cauliflower under the broiler for 25 minutes, or until it gets beautifully golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the cooked cauliflower to a plate, garnish with a handful of fresh chopped parsley or arugula and serve.