Mustard-Roasted Whole Cauliflower
I have been to so many restaurants in NY that serve whole roasted caulfilower and I have been dying to make my take on it! This is my first attempt and it was delicious -- I was hesitant to share the recipe because I believe I can make it yet better! But for now enjoy this delicious take on it and wait for more to come.... !!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp chili pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Trim the outer leaves off the cauliflower and cut the stem flush with the rest of the head so it can sit straight.
- Fill a sauce pan 3/4 with water and bring to a boil, bring to a simmer and add cauliflower in for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients in a glass measuring cup and mix well with a fork until well combined.
- Remove the cauliflower from the sauce pan and place on a paper napkin to drain the water and dry the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower in a lined cooking pan then pour the mixture over the cauliflower and rub it all over the cauliflower with your fingertips until it's completely coated.
- Put the lid on and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Take the lid off, set the oven to broil and place the cauliflower under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until it gets beautifully golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the cooked cauliflower to a plate, garnish with a handful of fresh chopped parsley and serve.