Runny Poached Eggs Bowl
Real food made real simple ✨
Super easy @vitalfarms poached eggs (step by step video tutorial on Instagram Highlights), w/cauliflower rice and mixed veggies cooked in separate pans both with about a 2 tbsp of water instead of olive oil & seasoned with @mrsdashrecipes + @traderjoes seasoning salt! Topped w/chili flakes and pepper 👌🏼👌🏼
Instructions for the Poached Egg:
- Heat the water: Fill the pan about 2/3 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer: Turn the heat down and let the water relax into a simmer. You should see small bubbles coming up to the surface, but not boiling.
- Crack the egg into a small cup: Crack the egg into a small bowl/cup. This will help you ease the egg into the water without it cracking.
- Add 1 tbsp vinegar to the water: This step helps the egg cook into a more compact shape. The taste is not noticeable in the finished egg!
- Swirl the water in the pan in a circular motion. With a spoon you should form a swirl in a circular motion so the egg will drop in and take on a circular form.
- Ease the egg into the water: Using your bowl/cup carefully lower the egg into the water.
- Cook for 3 minutes: This will give you a firm white and a gooey and runny yolk. But if you prefer you can cook for as long as you like!
- Remove the egg: Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water.
- Pat the egg dry: This is optional as well, but I like to place my egg on a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Season and eat! Place the poached egg on a salad, piece of toast, or a plate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Eat immediately!
I did the same for my mixed veggies, I usually just mix in whatever I have on hand, in this case I did green beans, celery and zucchini squash. Chopped up and placed in a pan with 2 tbsp of water. Seasoned with 2 tsps of @mrsdashrecipes original blend seasoning and @traderjoes Season all mix.