Colorful Nourish Bowl
Bought these colorful carrots and gorgeous radishes at union sq greenmarket this weekend + whipped together this bowl which just reminds me of cali ☀️
Simply boiled then shredded chicken (no seasoning just water) goes perfectly w/eggplant + tomato dip which is somewhere under there- oven roasted brussel sprouts, mushrooms and the carrots for 30 mins w/smoked paprika + ancho chile pepper, 1/2 an avo and radishes 💥🤤 so damn good !!!
Serving size for 2 bowls:
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups of brussel sprouts
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 6 medium size carrots
- 1 avocado
- 1 radish sliced.
- I placed the 4 large chicken breast in a sauce pan filled 2/3 of the way with water. Bring the water to boil and then place the chicken breast in the pan, then bring to a simmer.
- I allowed mine to cook for about 40 minutes. But be careful with chicken always check to make sure it is well cooked. I separate the chicken with a fork to make sure it is well cooked, if it is pink let it cook longer. Make sure it is white!
- Once the chicken is white, remove it from the saucepan and allow it to cool. Then with two forks begin to shred the chicken. Once you are finished shredding it you can enjoy any way you like! For this occasion I left it plain but you can easily marinate it with tomato sauce, spices, onion or anything you wish in a pan!
- I always boil my brussel sprouts before eating because it is so much easier for digestion!
- First I cut my brussel sprouts into halves.
- In a saucepan fill 2/3 of the way with water, bring the water to boil and then place the halved brussel sprouts in the pan, then bring to a simmer.
- Allow to cook for about 30 minutes or until you can easily stick a fork into the steam of the brussel sprout.
- Then in a pan I cook them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
Oven Roasted Veggies
- I place all veggies in a large pan, but each individual veggie in there own lane. The halved brussel sprouts, the mushrooms and the carrots.
- Once in the pan I season with 2 tsp of smoked paprika and ancho chile pepper.
- Once the oven is heated at 350, I pop in the veggies and roast for 30 mins until crispy.
When everything is cooked and ready to go just plate your bowl! Evenly split up your protein, veggies, avocado and radishes and enjoy!!!