Fish Tacos with a Crunch
Tacooo Tuesday + my favorite dish yetttt!
Literally whipped these up in 30 minutes- so simple and fricken delicious and the flaked brussel sprouts gave the tacos the perfect crunch!!
- 2 cod fillets
- 3 brussel sprouts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smocked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ancho chile
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 4 tortillas (I used @sietefoods Coconut Tortillas)
- 1 avocado
Blackened Cod Fillets
- In a small mixing bowl, place 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, onion powder, smocked paprika, ancho chile, cumin, salt + pepper. Blend the spices well.
- Coat 2 cod fillets fully with the spices and place on a pan lined with parchment paper
- Then bake in 420 oven for 12 minutes 👌🏼
Flaked Brussel Sprouts
- On the side I flaked the individual brussel sprout leaves
- Cut the end of the steam off 3 brussel sprouts
- Carefully remove the individual leaves, stop flaking the leaves once you get close to the core, the leaves would be so small and difficult to remove so I would stop there.
- Placed on a pan lined with parchment paper and seasoned w/salt, pepper + 1 tsp of cumin. (I placed it on the same pan as the cauliflower and broccoli, just off to the side.)
- And baked in oven at 450 for 15 mins, they get nice and crispy for the perfect crunch!
Cauliflower and Broccoli florets
- I bought frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets.
- Simply boiled together for 10 mins
- Placed on a pan lined with parchment paper and seasoned w/salt, pepper + 2 tsp of cumin
- And baked in oven at 450 for 15 mins
Heat @sietefoods coconut tortillas and plate everything all together w/avo and radishes
Makes 4 delicious mouth-watering tacos!!!